Dental Braces in Houston, TX
Traditional or metal braces are among the most popular orthodontic treatment options for correcting crooked and misaligned teeth. They have been used for decades to correct many dental problems, including overcrowding and bite issues.
At North Star Dental Center, we use traditional braces to gradually shift teeth into their proper position, resulting in a straighter, healthier smile.
What Are Traditional Braces?
Traditional braces have small metal brackets attached to each tooth’s front with a special dental adhesive. These brackets are then connected by a thin wire that runs through them and is held in place with small rubber bands. The wire is gradually tightened over time, putting pressure on your teeth and shifting them into the proper position.
Some patients in Houston, TX may also be candidates for lingual braces attached to the back of the teeth instead of the front.
Regardless of the type of braces used, our goal at North Star Dental Center is to gradually shift the teeth into the correct position over several months to a few years. The process can sometimes be uncomfortable, but most patients find that the result is worth it – a straighter, healthier smile that can improve their overall dental health and self-confidence.
Benefits Of Traditional Braces
While traditional braces may not be the most aesthetically pleasing option, they offer several benefits over other types of orthodontic treatment in Houston, TX. For example:
- They effectively correct many dental problems, including severe crowding and misalignment.
- They are relatively affordable compared to other types of orthodontic treatment.
- They are durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear, making them a good option for active individuals.
How To Care For Traditional Braces?
Proper care of traditional braces is essential to ensure that they work effectively and that your teeth and gums remain healthy throughout treatment. Here are some actionable tips for caring for your braces:
- Brush and floss regularly.
- Use an interdental brush.
- Wear a mouthguard during physical activity.
- Attend all scheduled dental appointments.
- Please report any problems to your orthodontist immediately.
Please book an appointment at North Star Dental Center to learn more about braces and how they can help you get a perfect smile.