Dental Exams and Cleanings in Houston, TX
Regular dental exams and cleanings are crucial components of maintaining good oral health. You can prevent several dental issues and ensure your teeth remain healthy and strong if you keep your dental exam and cleaning appointment.
North Star Dental Center offers comprehensive dental exams and cleanings tailored to your needs. Our highly experienced and trained dental professionals use the latest techniques and equipment to examine and clean thoroughly.
What Happens During A Dental Exam?
Our dentist will thoroughly examine your teeth, gums, and mouth during a dental exam to assess your oral health.
At North Star Dental Center, our dental exams include the following tests and checks-
- teeth to detect decay, damage, or wear and tear.
- gums for gum disease, including redness, swelling, and bleeding.
- tongue, throat, and other oral tissues for any signs of abnormality.
- bite and jaw to check for any issues with alignment or function.
- X-rays or other tests to detect any hidden dental problems.
Based on the findings of your dental exam, our dentist will prepare a customized care plan for you to address any issues identified during your visit. We also provide advice and guidance on maintaining good oral health between visits.
What Happens During Dental Cleaning?
Dental cleanings involve removing the plaque and tartar from your teeth which can lead to gum disease and other dental problems. Our dental cleanings are performed by our team of skilled dental hygienists, who use the latest techniques and equipment to clean your teeth thoroughly.
Here are the steps of our typical dental cleaning process-
- Scaling and polishing to remove any plaque and tartar buildup.
- Remove surface stains and polish your teeth for a brighter, cleaner smile.
- An examination of your gums.
- An application of fluoride to help strengthen your teeth and prevent decay.
Are Dental Exams And Cleanings Painful?
You should not experience pain during your dental exam and cleaning in Houston. Our dentist may use dental tools to gently probe and check for any signs of decay or damage to your teeth during dental exams. During the cleaning process, our dental hygienist uses special tools to remove tartar and plaque buildup from your teeth.
You may feel slight pressure or discomfort during the cleaning process. However, it should not be painful. If you experience pain or discomfort during a dental exam or cleaning near you, you must immediately let your dentist or dental hygienist know.
Please book an appointment at North Star Dental Center for a routine dental exam and cleaning near you in a warm and welcoming environment.